Team Jamaica Bickle Inc. (TJB) is the leading organization in sports providing support services for Caribbean athletes who compete at the annual Penn Relays Carnival, held at the University of Pennsylvania. The Team Jamaica Bickle 5K Run/Walk For Health showcased local talent in the Caribbean Diaspora of New York, New Jersey and Connecticut, as well as promoted healthy lifestyles among all age groups within this bloc, especially youth and second and third generation Caribbean Americans. See the results and photos here.
The “get fit, get healthy” message ties into:
- The Whitehouse/First Lady’s “Let’s Move Campaign,”
- The New York Mayor’s Healthy Initiative,
- Weight Watcher’s highly effective campaign with R&B sensation Jennifer Hudson,
- Jenny Craig’s successful campaign with POP Princess Mariah Carey.
Events targeted: 2.9 million Caribbean migrants in New York, New Jersey, Long Island
- Jamaican’s are the largest group –178,922
- Guyanese – 130,647
- Haitians – 95,580
- Trinidadians – 98,247
● Primary: Runners affiliated with local clubs, 5K & 10K Meets
● Secondary: Schools athletic programs and general student population
● Community organizations, churches, general population.