The Diaspora Economic Forum was held in Tbilisi, Georgia on October 13th, 2014 as part of Global Diaspora Week. The event consisted of two separate conferences. The first conference was dedicated to Diaspora Investment Vehicles with the major discussion topics on mobilizing diaspora financial resources. USAID/REAP program specialists introduced successful diaspora entrepreneurs in the session on “Agriculture Enterprises as Role Models”.
The Second conference was conducted by EU experts on Diaspora entrepreneurship meeting DCFTA standards. The event featured success stories from returned diaspora members who have started successful businesses in Georgia and focused on inspiring Georgians to practice entrepreneurship in their homeland. The Forum also served as a launch event for the new Diaspora Banking project, which would provide banking services to members of the Georgian diaspora.
Several videos about this high level event are available in the following links:
- Diaspora Economic Forum – Mainstream Recorded Event
- Television Reports & Interviews : “Diaspora Economic Forum in Tbilisi”
- Television Reports & Interviews Two: “Bizneskontakti (13.10.14) Diaspora Economic Forum”
- The Prime Minister’s Official Facebook Website
- The Office of the State Minister of Georgia for Diaspora Issues – Facebook Website
Prime Minister Irakli Garibashvili