During Global Diaspora Week 2014, Institute of Caribbean Studies held a series of online discussions in an exploration of the role of the Caribbean diaspora in regional development.
From October 13th to 18th, the hosts ran a daily online transmission in the format of panel discussions with experts on the following topics:
- Updates on Government Policy from Ministers of Diaspora Affairs
- Brain Gain vs Brain Drain: Tapping into Intellectual Reserves
- Beyond Remittances: From Social Safety Nets to Social Investment
- Diaspora Engagement Strategies: Lesson Learned
- Building the Beloved Community: What Next?